The HealthCare Initiative
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Executive Director, Strategy & Business Development Coastal Service area
We have been retained by one of the nation’s largest healthcare providers to identify their Executive Director, Strategy & Business Development. This position requires the establishment of strong working relationships with Administration, Physicians, Medical Staff Office, Clinical Program Directors, Patient Care Services, Finance, Marketing, Managed Care, Decision Support, Information Technology, Business Support, and other relevant Departments at the Ministry, and with the California Region leaders. This Executive Director must have the ability to work with multiple people towards a common goal including actively engaging physicians in business growth and marketing initiatives.
The Service Area Executive Director, Strategy & Business Development, is primarily responsible for driving significant programmatic growth and physician alignment on behalf of the Ministries in a Service Area. This servant-leader delivers on key strategic initiatives related to creating Healthcare value that, using a data-driven approach, drives access and margin including moving to a robust, integrated delivery network of care in a service area, programmatic growth of clinical programs across ministries, and the identification and evaluation of launching new business opportunities that are significant relative to the size of the service area. This role also serves as the key service area leader responsible for coordinating the development of the strategic plan, growth target setting and reporting, and business plans, with the ministries, the region, and system lines of business.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Proven ability to identify potential business opportunities, prepares business plans, coordinate proforma development, conduct and analyze market research, and benchmarking best practices.
- Ability to maintain a service area paradigm and balance the priorities of the individual ministries to realize substantive growth opportunities beyond any individual ministry.
- Maintain executive business development presence at each ministry in the service area Demonstrated bias for action by independently leading complex, multidisciplinary projects involving people from various departments and organizations to successful completion.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a track record of developing collaborative and effective working relationships with physicians, clinicians, management, colleagues, and peers; ability to motivate, lead and influence others to implement key strategies.
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a complex matrix structured organization accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and credibility with high-level Region and Ministry executives is critical to success in this role.
- Expertise in using business intelligence tools (including Trilliant, Sg2, etc.) including benchmarking best practices, data tracking, and monitoring outcomes; experience developing and implementing balanced scorecards.
- Exceptionally well-developed and effective written, verbal, and presentation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Personal values are compatible with the Health System with strong professional ethics including a commitment to advance the System’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE – REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree MBA/MHA Highly Preferred)
Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience within a health system, large physician group, or comparable organization with demonstrated success in business development.
Minimum of 10 years of strong subject matter expertise in healthcare business development, strategy, and provider relations.
Minimum of 10 years of deep market experience in a highly complex and competitive metro area, such as Southern CA.
Minimum of 10 years of Physician, medical group, and network development experience.
Minimum of 10 years of superb team-leading leadership, process group facilitation, project management, and consensus-building.
To Learn More: To apply or schedule a confidential phone conversation, please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to Tania.Pena@theHealthCareInitiative.com, or call Tania Pena at 720-735-9750.
As one of the most successful executive search firms in the country, The HealthCare Initiative is constantly working on several searches nationwide in the world of healthcare. With over 43 years of experience, you can rest assured that all information is exchanged on a confidential basis. To learn more about The HealthCare Initiative, please visit www.thehealthcareinitiative.com.
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Experience: Director Management (Director/Head of Organization)
Education: Master’s Degree
Industry: Healthcare / Healthcare Services