Atlanta, Georgia | Permanent
Southeastern United States
Join a thriving Heart and Vascular group dedicated to providing world-class care to patients with vascular and heart conditions. Being associated with a large healthcare system, this heart and vascular group can participate in life changing research and incorporate innovative technology to treat the community locally.
As the Cardiothoracic Surgeon you will be performing surgical procedures on the heart, lungs, esophagus, and other organs in the chest. This role involves diagnosing and treating a wide range of cardiovascular and thoracic conditions, often employing complex surgical techniques to improve patients’ overall health and quality of life.
- Surgical Procedures: Perform a variety of cardiothoracic surgeries, such as coronary artery bypass, heart valve repair or replacement, and thoracic aortic surgery.
- Surgical Planning: Develop surgical plans, considering the patient’s overall health, medical history, diagnostic tests, and the complexity of the procedure.
- Preoperative Care: Collaborate medical specialists to optimize patients’ health before surgery to ensure patients are well-prepared for the procedure.
- Intraoperative Management: Lead the surgical team during procedures, making critical decisions and utilizing advanced surgical techniques.
- Postoperative Care: Oversee patients’ recovery in the postoperative period, monitoring their progress, managing pain, and addressing any complications that may arise.
- Collaboration: Work closely with anesthesiologists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Ethical Considerations: Uphold the highest standards of medical ethics and patient confidentiality in all aspects of practice.
Metrics / Details:
- Types of cases: Aortic Valve, Heart Attack, Heart Bypass, Heart Failure, Aortic Valve replacement and Bypass Surgery.
- Access to 100+ heart experts with the health system.
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) from an accredited medical school.
- Completion of a Cardiothoracic Surgery accredited residency program.
- Board certification or board eligible in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- All experience levels, including new graduates, are encouraged to apply.
- State medical license to practice as a surgeon.
- Proven track record of successful cardiothoracic surgical procedures including:
- Thoracic robotic and valve experience or interest in learning
- Experience with LVAD, ECMO and Tavers
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with advancements in the field.
- Full time
- On-call duties shared with other providers and PA’s.
To Learn More: To apply or schedule a confidential phone conversation, please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to, Alex@thi-search.com or call 720-735-9738.
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Inpatient Director…Learn More
RN – Telemetry – Central Monitoring Leader
Leadership Opportunity RN – Telemetry – Central Monitoring …Learn More
Board Certified/Fellowship trained BREAST SURGEON
Board Certified/Fellowship trained BREAST SURGEON Looking for a refreshing…Learn More
COLORECTAL SURGEON Looking for a place to settle and…Learn More
Let us know how we can help you!
The HealthCare Initiative has been leading the way in health care recruitment since 1974.