Health Information Department Leader (HIM) – Hospital
Coos Bay, Oregon | Permanent
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Department Leader: Health Information Management (HIM)
Pacific NW Region
25 bed Critical Access Hospital with a 24-hour Emergency Department has started a search for Health Information Management (HIM) Department Leader to oversee the planning, development, and management of all functions of the health information system for a healthcare facility. The HIM department leader will facilitate the organization-wide release of medical information from the medical record or other sources of stored patient data including all written documents, computerized electronic information, radiology film and scans, laboratory reports and pathology slides, videos, audio recordings, or any other form of information regarding the condition of patients. Direct oversight of the staffing and supervision of the staff of the Health Information Management Department.
Type of Work: Full time, Onsite
Stats of the Department:
- Staff: 10 FTE’s and 1 supervisor
- EMR – Cerner
- Survey upcoming in the Spring of 2023
The ideal candidate will have an:
- Associate degree, required, Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 3-5+ years related experience in an acute care facility, required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience within an acute care facility,
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT),
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA),
- Expert in information privacy laws/HIPPA law with, access, release of information and release control technologies, required.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal that include effective presentation skills to a variety of audiences.
- Process Improvement
- Strong Work Ethic
- Problem solving skills.
- Team builder/Uniter
A popular destination that offers unlimited outdoor activities, unique shopping, delicious dining, its own award-winning brewery, and lots of community events to entertain families of all ages.
If interested in applying or to Learn More: please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or text/voice: 720-735-9739
Interim, Interim-to-Perm: Patient Accounts Manager
Interim, Interim-to-Perm: Patient Accounts Manager Mid-Western US Join a “Full…Learn More
Nurse Manager: Women’s Service Line
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Nurse Manager:…Learn More
Revenue Cycle Analyst
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Revenue Cycle…Learn More
Behavioral Health Nurse Manager
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Behavioral Health…Learn More
Let us know how we can help you!
The HealthCare Initiative has been leading the way in health care recruitment since 1974.