The HealthCare Initiative
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
RN Senior Director Employee Health & Safety
Our Healthcare Heroes Need to be Cared for Too!
Is this your special calling?
Here’s an interim opportunity to add to your professional body of work as a detail-oriented RN executive to lead the Employee Health & Safety function following the retirement of the incumbent leader until the replacement is hired. This will be a 90–120-day interim assignment in a health system with a vibrant culture filled with extraordinary employees all looking to make a difference for their communities.
Plan, organize, and direct the functions and activities of Employee Health and Safety (EHS) Services. Coordinates nursing care, health service, health education and guidance for System employees through a comprehensive program that includes first aid, care and assistance to employees who become ill or who are injured at work. Provides oversight to Workers’ Compensation and Safety Prevention Programs for an eight-hospital health system with over 25,000 employees.
- Develops and prepares a comprehensive employee health program that includes health history, physical exam and required tests/x-rays for new employees; appropriate medical surveillance program; report and care of on-duty work-related injuries and hazardous exposures;
- Report and care of employees who become ill while on duty.
- Maintains policies for occupational health and safety following current standards
- Directs Safety Specialists to foster employee accident and illness prevention strategies.
- Responsible for OSHA inquires, correspondences, and on-site visits system wide. Participates in accident investigation and addresses employee safety concerns.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory employee immunization/TB/Cytotoxic drug screening programs.
- Respond to inquiries from DOH, JC, and other regulatory bodies.
- Supervises maintenance of employee health records and appropriate injury and illness records.
- Engages in data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement, dashboard assessments and lean methodologies.
- Partners with HR Leaders and well advised in Leave of Absence management issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required/Master’s Preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in employee/occupational health
- RN, COHN=S or similar safety certification
- CPR certification
- Supervisory experience required
- Workers’ Compensation law knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication skills
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Email/text Sue@THI-search.com 720-735-9743
Location: East Coast Region
Experience: Director Management (Director/Head of Organization)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Industry: Healthcare / Healthcare Services