Interim Referral Nurse (Current California resident)
San Francisco, California | Contract
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Interim Referral Nurse (Remote)
Join a community-based Healthcare organization looking for Interim Referral Nurse to review and verify authorizations and supporting documentation for eligibility, codes and clinical notes. The referral nurse will obtain required documentation and information from a variety of internal and external sources. Evaluates orders to see if they meet established medical guidelines, and approves, defers or escalates to Medical Director for review. Monitors deferrals and escalated requests to ensure timely responses. Creates timely communications of denials, approvals with modifications and deferral letters using standard templates; submits for approval and distributes. This position works closely with and reports to the Referral Nurse Lead.
- 3–4-month Interim assignment position.
- Able to work remotely,
- Must be a “current” resident of California
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, required
- Unrestricted California Registered Nurse license or Vocational Nursing License, required
- 2+ years clinical experience as a nurse in an acute care setting in ER/ICU/Med-Surg or PCU, required
- Strong clinical nursing skills set following California’s Scope of practice guidelines, required.
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal and/or Medicare populations, strongly preferred
- General knowledge of NCQA Standards for referrals and authorizations, strongly preferred.
- Strong conflict resolution skillset utilizing tact and diplomacy, required.
- Critical thinking skills
- Work Independently/Self-motivated
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This west coast location offers many outdoors areas to explore and enjoy while being centrally. located to a re-known university, a wide variety of sporting events, a variety of museums and some of the best dining in the United States.
To apply or schedule a confidential phone conversation, please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-735-9739
Head of Care (Care Coordination)
Head of Care (Care Coordination) East Coast/Remote The…Learn More
Senior Director Primary Care Clinics
Senior Director Primary Care Clinics Join a growing team…Learn More
Director of Quality (Managed Care)
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Director of…Learn More
Finance Director – Community Clinic (Public Health)
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Finance Director…Learn More
Let us know how we can help you!
The HealthCare Initiative has been leading the way in health care recruitment since 1974.