The HealthCare Initiative
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Surgical Services Manager – RN Required
The Big Island
Report directly to the Director of Nursing who is very committed to your growth and success. She meets with her team regularly and encourages professional development.
Oversight includes 25 FTE’s, 5 OR’s, 5 PACU, and 5 Same-day Surgery suites performing 220-250 surgeries per month. This is a state-of-the-art unit with a brand-new Trauma room.
- Support of Periop 101, with the goal of bringing on 2 new grads.
- Utilization of Block Scheduling
Competitive compensation along with great benefits to include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Incentive Bonus, Flex Spending Accounts, Retirement, PTO, and many other great benefits.
RN required, Bachelor’s preferred.
3+ years of clinical OR experience, along with 1+ year of experience in a Charge, Lead, or Clinical Supervisor role required.
The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS) is a nonprofit corporation established in 1985 to provide expanded health care capabilities to the people of Hawaii and the Pacific Basin. It is Hawaii’s preeminent family of health care-related companies and has more than 8,000 employees and more than 1,500 affiliated physicians and providers in its statewide network.
The Queen’s Mission
To fulfill the intent of Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV to provide in perpetuity quality health care services to improve the well-being of Native Hawaiians and all of the people of Hawaii.
Queen’s North Hawaii Community Hospital
The Queen’s North Hawaii Community Hospital is a 35-bed rural acute care hospital located in Waimea (Kamuela), Hawaii Island. More than 300 employees and over a dozen employed physicians staff the main hospital, as well the outpatient clinics located in the Lucy Henriques Medical Center, at our Primary Care Clinic located near Longs Drugs, and at our Specialty Clinic located in the Parker Ranch Center.
The Queen’s North Hawaii Community Hospital holds the following recognitions:
- The Joint Commission accreditation
- Level III Trauma Center designation
- Kohala Home Health Care – TJC accredited; designated Top Agency of 2016/Homecare Elite
- Baby-Friendly designated birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc.
The Queen’s Guiding Principle and Shared Values
To serve as one team committed to the best patient C.A.R.E. for our community. In the footsteps of our Founders, we believe that Compassion guides our actions, Aloha inspires us in all that we do, Respect and understanding are essential for the dignity of all; and Excellence is our quest. When we bring these values to our work with patients, we honor our Founders and Live the Queen Emma Way.
We pledge to put Patients First, treating patients as if they are members of our ohana, our family, working together as one team, and holding ourselves and each other accountable to provide the best care. Placing our patients’ needs first is at the center of what we do and unites us as one Queen’s team. We invite you to experience a culture of professionalism, compassion, and collaboration at Queen’s.
- E ola ka ‘ōiwi (Healthy and well are the Hawaiians) Optimal health balance means personal balance of mind, body, spirit. Connection to resources, people, places, and cultural identity.
- Aloha Spirit is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the self. Each person must think and emote good feelings to others. It means mutual regard and affection and extends warmth in caring with no obligation in return.
- Ohana the ancient Hawaiian term ohana means family, but probably not in the way you typically use it. Ohana speaks to the concept of a larger family that is not necessarily connected by blood. A person’s ohana can include their best friends, neighbors, or anyone else who is special in their life. The people within it are bound together by genuine compassion, culture, support, loyalty, and love for each other. To become a part of someone’s ohana is a great honor.
- Queen Emma’s legacy is embodied in The Queen’s Health Systems’ foundational philosophy, the Queen Emma Way. A direct expression of the aloha spirit, the Queen Emma Way is demonstrated by acts of kindness (the Queen Emma Standard) that should be a part of everyone’s every day with patients, visitors, and coworkers. Although living the Queen Emma Way comes from the heart, not the behaviors themselves, the Queen Emma Standard embraces evidence-based behaviors.
To Learn More: To apply or schedule a confidential phone conversation, please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to email@example.com or call Tania Pena at (720) 735-9750.
As one of the most successful executive search firms in the country, The HealthCare Initiative is constantly working on several searches nationwide in the world of healthcare. With over 47 years of experience, you can rest assured that all information is exchanged on a confidential basis. To learn more about The HealthCare Initiative, please visit www.thehealthcareinitiative.com.
Location: The Big Island
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Associate’s Degree
Industry: Healthcare / Healthcare Services