Surgical Services Director
Idaho Falls, Idaho | Permanent
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE
Where Talent Meets Opportunity
Surgical Services Director
Northwest Mountain Region
Are you searching for a new opportunity to advance your career and have a work life balance with a growing organization?
A full-service hospital and its extensive network of clinics offers a full slate of healthcare services to the surrounding communities would like to find a Director of Surgical Services. The Director of Surgical Services oversees the management of patient care by utilizing the nursing process along with established policies and procedures among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary and other team personnel. Assist in mentoring and training staff to be able to meet the growth of the department to meet the needs of the community. Fiscal management of the department to ensure budgets are met and utilized appropriately, and ensuring the billing of services is done correctly. The Director of Surgical Services reports to a dynamic and visionary Chief Nursing Officer.
Position Type/Expected schedule:
Surgical Services Department Stats:
- Direct Reports: 6
- 45+ surgical cases monthly of: Ortho, General, Endoscopy, gastrointestinal and Pain
- 10-15 ortho procedures a month
- Pain clinic – stimulators
- Colonoscopies cases are handled one day a week.
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN), required.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- 6+ years of clinical nursing experience in Surgical Services, required.
- 3-5+ years of progressive leadership experience in an acute care facility, required.
- Current state Nursing license, (in good standing), required.
- Experience in growing a surgical team, department, and services line, strongly preferred.
- Recent experience working in a rural, critical access hospital, strongly preferred.
Leadership Key Skills:
- Process Improvement skills
- Team building
- Visible leader
- Financial Acumen
Located in picturesque Northwest Mountains, amidst national forest and mountain passes. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and offers outdoor recreation opportunities for every season. While the region is rural, it offers many sporting activities, Farm to Table dining and all four seasons!
Experience all the Seasons Living in the Wilds of the NW
If interested in applying or to Learn More: please send your resume (MS WORD format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 720-735-9739
THE HEALTHCARE INITIATIVE Where Talent Meets Opportunity Inpatient Director…Learn More
RN – Telemetry – Central Monitoring Leader
Leadership Opportunity RN – Telemetry – Central Monitoring …Learn More
Board Certified/Fellowship trained BREAST SURGEON
Board Certified/Fellowship trained BREAST SURGEON Looking for a refreshing…Learn More
COLORECTAL SURGEON Looking for a place to settle and…Learn More
Let us know how we can help you!
The HealthCare Initiative has been leading the way in health care recruitment since 1974.